Northland Motoring
Welcome!
Northland Motoring
Welcome!
Northland Motoring
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Motoring Community for Northern Minnesota

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Time for a carb rebuild...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
verticalization

verticalization

Time for a carb rebuild... Empty
PostSubject: Time for a carb rebuild...   Time for a carb rebuild... EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 2:43 pm

So.. the past few weeks ( i havnt been riding the bike that much) my oil level has been slowly rising, pretty high.. i've been keeping it in check however, after changing my oil a week ago, and.. it rising up, pretty much all the way up to the fill cap (its been sitting) i decided to check into it...

So after i drained the oil back to the right level, i tried starting it up.. would not idle worth a damn, let alone stay running.. i noticed some dripping comming off the carbs.. so, i checked on the forums for my bike, and.. it seems like a common problem, fuel leaking from the carbs down the cylinders into the oil case, its also dripping all over the starter.. SO

i'm wondering if anyone has some experience rebuilding carbs? I used to rebuild marine engine carbs back in highschool but, that was almost 6 years ago, and they were pretty big, and somewhat simple.

Or does anyone know someone who i could bring the carbs, and a rebuild kit to that would do it for a decent price?
Any help would be great, this kinda came at a bad time as im moving in a few days.. sucky
Back to top Go down
NickOtine

NickOtine

PostSubject: Re: Time for a carb rebuild...   Time for a carb rebuild... EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 3:22 pm

what kind of carbs are they? Keihn or Mikuni?
Back to top Go down
verticalization

verticalization

PostSubject: Re: Time for a carb rebuild...   Time for a carb rebuild... EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 4:49 pm

Not quite sure, i'll know when i pull them off but for now, i need to atleast be able to ride the bike up the block this weekend..
couldnt find anything with a quick search, i'll ask on the forum
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time for a carb rebuild...   Time for a carb rebuild... Empty

Back to top Go down

Time for a carb rebuild...
Page 1 of 1