Northland Motoring
Welcome!
Northland Motoring
Welcome!
Northland Motoring
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Motoring Community for Northern Minnesota

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Streetfighter Project

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Fitz

Fitz

The Streetfighter Project Empty
PostSubject: The Streetfighter Project   The Streetfighter Project EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 2:15 am

Alright everyone this is my first streetfighter project so take it easy on me. Im open to suggestions so feel free. Here is what I have done so far.

When I bought the bike this is what it looked like
The Streetfighter Project Snc00214

A friend wrecked it for me and helped me make up my mind to do a streetfighter project
The Streetfighter Project Snc00215

First thing I did after the wreck was take off the front fairings, and threw on the dual dominator headlight
The Streetfighter Project Snc00313

The big rear end was still buggin the crap out of me so I finally ditched that. When I took it off I fount out there was a whole mounted on bracket for the rear tail light so I lost quite a bit of weight also
The Streetfighter Project Snc00033

I got to have a little fun by installing a stage 3 Jet Kit and the K&N Filters, I learned alot about carbs do this, so if anybody needs any help with them I have been there and back
The Streetfighter Project Snc00034
The Streetfighter Project Snc00035

The Seat had to go so this is me doing a hackjob. Right now Im just working with what shape I want As soon as I figure it out Im going to take it to a pro to have it foamed. I also chopped about 3 inches off the back of the seat, this is for future plans I have with the subframe. The Seat is like this through most of the pics after this "THIS IS SOMETHING I KNOW SO PLEASE DONT FOCUS YOUR ATTENTION ON IT"
The Streetfighter Project Snc00036

Me and Adam had some extra time so we decided to chop the crap out of the front fender is was entirely to big
The Streetfighter Project Snc00037

Found a headlight I liked better for cheaper and it sort of fits the look I want better. I also ditched about 5 pounds of handlebar weight and replaced them with some Moose racing handlebars and universal risers
The Streetfighter Project Snc00040
The Streetfighter Project Snc00041
The Streetfighter Project Snc00042

List of Mods and Cost

Jet Kit and Filters $200
Seat Uphostery and Modifications $0
Front Fender Modifications $0
Handlebars and Risers $70
Headlight $25

I will try to include more detailed pics now that I have everyone caught up
Back to top Go down
Fitz

Fitz

PostSubject: Re: The Streetfighter Project   The Streetfighter Project EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 3:17 am

Thanks to Cindy I picked up this sweet helmet for free. Mine was looking pretty rough
The Helmet is The Craft RXX6 Barracuda and I have been looking at them for awhile they run around $250 so its pretty crazy that this happened

Thanks again Cindy

The Streetfighter Project Snc00043
Back to top Go down
Fitz

Fitz

PostSubject: The Seat   The Streetfighter Project EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 3:35 am

Alright everyone can stop being embarrased to ride with me. I finally took the time tonight to get it done.

Here is what you all have seen me riding around on for the last few weeks
The Streetfighter Project Snc00044

And here is what I have now
The Streetfighter Project Snc00045

And here are a few pics of it on the bike. I got a little carried away, but it feels good to have it back
The Streetfighter Project Snc00046
The Streetfighter Project Snc00110
Back to top Go down
Walley

Walley

PostSubject: Re: The Streetfighter Project   The Streetfighter Project EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 6:29 pm

Looks a lot better !
Back to top Go down
strangeone

strangeone

PostSubject: Re: The Streetfighter Project   The Streetfighter Project EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 11:46 pm

looks badass!
Back to top Go down
Walley

Walley

PostSubject: Re: The Streetfighter Project   The Streetfighter Project EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 12:10 pm

You can see in the picture that you have the plate blacked out, the slack in your chain!
Back to top Go down
Fitz

Fitz

PostSubject: Re: The Streetfighter Project   The Streetfighter Project EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 2:02 am

Walley wrote:
You can see in the picture that you have the plate blacked out, the slack in your chain!

yeah this was the night before I talked to you guys, Im gonna order the new chain next friday, Hopefully that is all I will need for now. I dont want to put a whole lot of money into the bike before winter, Still got to get a snowboard pass
Back to top Go down
Adam

Adam

PostSubject: Re: The Streetfighter Project   The Streetfighter Project EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 11:22 am

I didn't see the mod about the brake lever... Can you explain how you got such a nice bend on that!!! ha ha ha
Back to top Go down
Fitz

Fitz

PostSubject: Re: The Streetfighter Project   The Streetfighter Project EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 3:25 pm

How to mod levers

1. Buy $100 in new handlebar equipment
2. Install new handle bar equipment
3. Hold bike at precise angle approx 4 feet from the ground and drop bike directly on to end of new handlebars

Desired Result
The Streetfighter Project Snc00049
Works everytime
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Streetfighter Project   The Streetfighter Project Empty

Back to top Go down

The Streetfighter Project
Page 1 of 1