Northland Motoring
Welcome!
Northland Motoring
Welcome!
Northland Motoring
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Motoring Community for Northern Minnesota

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pipes and end cans

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Walley

Walley

Pipes and end cans Empty
PostSubject: Pipes and end cans   Pipes and end cans EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 6:37 pm

I was thinking about last week when we were talking about the R-6 with no end can and if it was going to hurt it or not. In my instructions for my Yoshi pipe it showed some graphics and explained a little about richness and leanness. Basically it says that Gold is good. If your pipes turn gold then thats perfect. If your pipes turn blue or purple then, your running a little lean and should get it fixxed but , not necesary all the time. If your pipes glow then your fucked. Way too lean.
It's not going to hurt the bike too much w/out the end can but, your performance will lack from the lack of backpresure through the system unless you jetted it that way. The jets / E.F.I computers are set up for a certin air fuel mixture and with less back presure from the exhaust, then air can travel more freely and then you end up getting the improper mixture for combustion.
It's really interesting how sensitive these things can be. I ran mine with the stock can, my Yoshi, and then nothing. I can really feel a big dif between the 3 one right after the other! I have EFI so the computer can adjust for the dif pipes but, if you have carburators then, thats why you have to re-jet after changing pipes. Yamaha was always praised for their perfect carburation which is why they took so long to go to EFI. If your going to run it with no pipe then just watch the header for color or glowing.
Golden rule!!!!! Gold is good. Blue and purple should be fixed but, not necessary. Glowing , your screwed. Thats how it was explained to me.
The Yoshi bolt on gave me 10 more horse and 3 foot lbs of torque.
Back to top Go down
Jay2

Jay2

Pipes and end cans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pipes and end cans   Pipes and end cans EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 6:44 pm

My slip-on is turning purple and blue near the cat. But my situation is different, it's just from heat. With the 06+ R6 having a cat, my pipe is basically an expensive exhaust tip.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mnsbr.com
Walley

Walley

Pipes and end cans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pipes and end cans   Pipes and end cans EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 7:32 pm

Yeah, I can't remember his name that has the R-6 w/out the pipe on it. I think his is an 02.
Did you see Valentino walk away with it this week-end? He can wrap up the championship next race right?
Back to top Go down
Jay2

Jay2

Pipes and end cans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pipes and end cans   Pipes and end cans EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 7:56 pm

Walley wrote:
Yeah, I can't remember his name that has the R-6 w/out the pipe on it. I think his is an 02.
Did you see Valentino walk away with it this week-end? He can wrap up the championship next race right?

No missed that one but I think you're right. One more and he's got it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mnsbr.com
Walley

Walley

Pipes and end cans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pipes and end cans   Pipes and end cans EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 7:21 am

Matt Mladin is 1 point away from wraping up his 8th championship in AMA. He's gonna retire after this year too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pipes and end cans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pipes and end cans   Pipes and end cans Empty

Back to top Go down

Pipes and end cans
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Northland Motoring :: Technicians Corner :: Tips, Tricks and Performance Modifications-
Jump to: